TRM Labs Company Overview and News in 2023
TRM Labs is a blockchain intelligence company that helps financial institutions, crypto businesses, and government agencies detect and investigate crypto-related financial crime and fraud. The company was founded in 2018 by Esteban Castaño and Rahul Raina, and has since raised over $80 million in funding from investors such as JPMorgan Chase, Visa, Citi, PayPal, Block, Tiger Global, and Bessemer Venture Partners.
TRM Labs’ platform provides users with a comprehensive suite of tools for monitoring and investigating blockchain activity. These tools include:
- Transaction monitoring: TRM Labs can monitor transactions across over one million digital assets on 28 blockchains, including industry-leading NFT coverage and DeFi protocols.
- Cross-chain analytics: TRM Labs allows users to seamlessly move between Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more than a dozen other blockchains, building cohesive visualizations as they trace the flow of funds.
- Risk scoring: TRM Labs provides users with a comprehensive set of risk indicators, including FATF’s money laundering predicate offenses, to set their own risk scoring criteria.
TRM Labs’ platform is used by a wide range of customers, including:
- Financial institutions: TRM Labs helps financial institutions comply with anti-money laundering (AML) and know your customer (KYC) regulations, and to detect and prevent fraud.
- Crypto businesses: TRM Labs helps crypto business ideas protect their customers from scams and fraud, and to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Government agencies: TRM Labs helps government agencies investigate financial crime and fraud, and to track the movement of illicit funds.
TRM Labs in the News
TRM Labs has been featured in a number of recent news articles, highlighting the company’s growth and its impact on the cryptocurrency industry. Some notable headlines include:
- TRM Labs Raises $42 Million to Combat Financial Crime in Crypto (Forbes)
- TRM Labs Partners with JPMorgan Chase to Combat Financial Crime in Crypto (The Wall Street Journal)
- TRM Labs Helps US Government Seize $3.6 Billion in Stolen Crypto (Bloomberg)
- TRM Labs Named to CB Insights Fintech 250 List (CB Insights)
TRM Labs as a New Crypto Company
TRM Labs is one of a number of new crypto companies that are emerging to help make the cryptocurrency industry safer and more compliant. These companies are developing a wide range of innovative solutions, including blockchain analytics, risk management, and identity verification.
TRM Labs is well-positioned to be a leader in this space. The company has a strong team with deep experience in financial crime and blockchain forensics. TRM Labs also has a large and growing customer base, including some of the biggest names in the financial and cryptocurrency industries.
TRM Labs as a Top Crypto Startup
TRM Labs is widely considered to be one of the top crypto startups in the world. The company has been recognized by a number of leading industry publications and organizations, and it has raised a significant amount of funding from top investors.
TRM Labs is also growing rapidly. The company has doubled its employee count in the past year, and it is expanding its global presence.
TRM Labs on a List of Crypto Startups
TRM Labs is included on a number of lists of top crypto startups. These list of crypto startups are compiled by industry experts and they typically take into account factors such as funding raised, team experience, and market potential.
TRM Labs as a Cryptocurrency Startup
TRM Labs is a cryptocurrency startup because its products and services are focused on the cryptocurrency industry. The company’s platform is used by financial institutions, crypto businesses, and government agencies to detect and investigate crypto-related financial crime and fraud.
TRM Labs as a Crypto Business Idea
TRM Labs is a crypto business idea because it addresses a real need in the cryptocurrency industry. The company’s products and services help to make the cryptocurrency industry safer and more compliant.
TRM Labs as a Blockchain Company
TRM Labs is a blockchain company because its products and services are based on blockchain technology. The company’s platform uses blockchain data to detect and investigate financial crime and fraud.
TRM Labs in 2023
TRM Labs is continuing to grow in 2023. In October 2023, the company announced that it had raised an additional $70 million in funding in a Series B expansion round led by Thoma Bravo. The company also announced that it had expanded its US federal team with the addition of several industry veterans.
In addition to its growing team and customer base, TRM Labs is also expanding its product offerings. In June 2023, the company launched Chainabuse, a multi-chain scam reporting tool that empowers crypto users against fraud. Chainabuse allows users to report scams to TRM Labs, which then investigates the reports and takes action to protect users and the crypto ecosystem.
TRM Labs is also playing a leading role in the development of global standards for crypto regulation. In September 2023, the company published a report titled “Towards a Global Regulatory Framework for Digital Assets,” which provides a comprehensive overview of the current state of crypto regulation and makes recommendations for how to develop a more effective and coordinated global regulatory framework.
TRM Labs is a leading blockchain intelligence company that is playing a vital role in making the cryptocurrency industry safer and more compliant. The company is well-positioned to continue its growth in 2023 and beyond.